Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
LJP M28F
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I cannot get an HP Laser Jet Pro M28f-M29f to add to a Windows 8.1 machine. 

*I can ping this printer just fine via IP on the machine*

When I try to install via the control panel with IP it acts like its going to install and then tells me it cannot install driver because the element isn't found.

I have installed the drivers from the HP site quite a few times. Uninstalled and reinstalled them.

I have downloaded the basic drivers which have no gui installer as well.

I have installed the HP print & scan doctor as well. It does not find and list the printer.

Printer is on the network since I can ping it and other users in the office are connected fine and printing as well.

Please advise here I have been trying to get this printer to work for a few weeks. TIA 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.