Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M227fdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have cleaned everything I can think of to clean based on instructions in the user manual, but the line still appears on any copy or scan I make that uses the sheet feeder.  Any thoughts?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You probably have something stuck under the glass vs on top.  If you are only getting these lines with copy's it should be the copy glass.  But if you cleaned the top and still seeing lines the problem might lay under the glass which you would need to remove and clean 

HP Recommended

There is nothing on or under the glass.  My suspicion is that it is something on the rollers that pull the original through the sheet feeder.  I have cleaned the rollers every way I know how, but to no avail.  Does anybody have any other ideas?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.