dilsono
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M521DN - Tray 2 not picking up paper

HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M521DN
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I placed a new stack of papers in tray 2 (drawer).  I thought I went over the maximum fill line, but was able to close drawer of tray 2.  I tried to print and heard a loud noise and this message showed on display:

“No paper pickup.  

Press [OK] to continue.”

I pressed OK and heard several clicking sound but the roller (underneath where tray/drawer 2 is) does not pick up the paper.  

I tried cleaning the roller, turning the printer off, disconnecting the power cord, etc. Nothing makes it pick the paper.

What’s making the noise? Why the paper is not picked up?

I am afraid I stacked more than needed number of papers.

Your help is appreciated. 

Thank you

1 REPLY 1
Level 11
Level 11
3,530 3,516 347 732
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laser Jet Pro MFP M521DN - Tray 2 not picking up paper

Usually either the roller or the drive shaft has broken. Pull out the drawer and try to rotate the pickup roller that is in the top of the printer cavity. If it turns freely then something has broken. Remove the roller and examine the shaft on right side of where the roller sits.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation