Having trouble signing in? Try this!
Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (132 Views)

HP Laser Jet cannot print Adobe PDF files

Product Name: Laer Jet Pro MFP M130fw
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have had this printer about two months now and it will not print Adobe PDF files.  I've been told that HP had to update their firmware but when I reload the firmware on line there is never an update to correct thisproblem.  Yes, I can get around it by using Foxit but I prefer Adobe.  Wondering if anyone has any suggestions.  Makes me wish I would have bought the Canon for nearly the same price. Thank you.

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 4 (84 Views)

Re: HP Laser Jet cannot print Adobe PDF files

@Leonard_Marion

Thank you for being a part of HP Forums. 

It'll be an honor to guide you through the steps needed to fix your concern or address your query ;) 

As I understand the printer isn't printing adobe pdf files,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• I understand you aren't looking for workarounds but I need to know, if it works when you print PDF files as an image?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

• Open User Account Control Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type uac, and then click Change User Account Control settings. 
  • To turn off UAC, move the slider to the Never notify position, and then click OK.  

if you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation. You will need to restart your computer for UAC to be turned off. 

Note: You may either create a new user, login with the new user profile to install the printer or Turn off the UAC from the control panel and Restart the PC, The issue could have been caused by the security settings changed on the user profile.

Giving permissions to PRINTERS folder and the printer entry in device and printers should help, as well.

Keep me posted,

For I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, if you don't get back to us ;) 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

Top Student
Message 3 of 4 (62 Views)

Hello Riddle,

I have not made the change you suggested.  I have downloaded the Adobe PDF reader again and this time it seems to work although a long time from the time I press print until the printer actually prints.  On one occasion it printed a half a page like that is all there was.  I shrunk the view down to 100% and it printed the entire page.  I did not think the page view would affect the actual printing.

I will play with it for a while to make sure all is well.  I do appreciate your professional help very much and I will copy and paste your suggestion if I need it in the future.  Thank you.

HP Support Agent
Message 4 of 4 (41 Views)

@Leonard_Marion

Thank you for responding

Please take your time and get back to us with the results,

We will be eagerly awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a great day, ahead.

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on the post you feel, helped you the most, Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation