Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

My bad, 1018 is not the same as 1010, try to assign USB001 to it or any other USB00x which is not occupied by else printer.

Do as what you find earlier the universal PCL5 driver.

Sent a test print to 1018 and waiting for its printing If it didn't work than change the connected port to USB002 ...003 if you have more than ones. And use the empty USB00x one.

Test printing just need to send one time only if the right USB00x was selected it will print out as you wish.

HP Recommended

@Kimar0307:

As told I tried the printer on Windows 7 laptop. Again it didn't work with the drivers from the cd so I tried installing the driver from:

https://support.hp.com/nl-nl/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-1018-printer/1814092

And that worked!

Then I installed the same W7 HP program I downloaded for the W7 laptop (lj1018_1020_1022-HB-pnp-win64-nl.exe) on the W10 desktop and now that works too! So it was a windows 10 driver issue.

Too bad the cd-software is so bad and windows 10 has driver issues.

Thanks for the help.

Greetings,

Wim

HP Recommended

@WimK

Glad to know that the issue is now resolved. This is a driver compatibility issue with Win 10. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.