Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 3015dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 
I've been experiencing fusing problems (or problems of that kind) with my HP LaserJet 3015dn. The printing job is perfect, but as soon as I take the paper out, the letters/graphic starts to wear out. I've searched the problem on the internet and found out that I should change the fusing temperature. Since I've done that, the printer is printing slower and sometimes it can leave small dots all over the paper (I've gone to Menu - Configure Device - Print Quality - Fuser Modes - Mid-Weight 96-110g - HIGH1). I had to choose that option since none other (Plain - High1/2) didn't seem to help at all. The paper I'm using is plain paper (I think it's Mondi IQ Economy +). Also, I thought that the problem may lay in the fact that I may have accidentally installed the wrong drivers since there are a bunch of files in the download section. I can't find the software, such as some utilities, etc. 
Thanks in advance,
Marko

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

If printing on normal plain paper typically default settings are going to work fine. The question and I know users hate this, is are you using OEM HP or third party cartridges. The toner is different and will not provide the exact same results. If you raise the temperature the printer will go slower so that the fuser temperature remains as steady as possible. If you are getting a lot of spotting the cartridge might be leaking as well

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Does raising the fusing temperature mean that my fuser will last shorter, that is, does higher temperature hurt the fuser? 

HP Recommended

I have not seen any engineering data that directly states that.

The most common causes of shortened fuser life that we see are this:

1. High printing volumes of narrow media, this can lead to overheating of the edges of the fuser rollers which then distort.

2. High volume  of pre-printed letterhead that results in failure of the fuser roller in the section that the pre-printed display is.

3. High volume of single page documents. This can shorten expected page count life of fuser by half.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I've got just one more question - is there any HP software, some control center for my printer? I only have an interface when I enter printing options through Adobe Acrobat, but I can't find the overall setting for the printer.

Thank you very much once again, you've been very helpful! 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.