Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet 600 M602

We have a lj 600 m602 with 2 extra trays. the printer says tray 2 lifting, but nothing is happening. I have removed tray 2 to print out a usage page from the mp tray. it just says processing and nothing happens. i have tried swapping out tray 2 with another tray. no change. i have swapped out the dc controller. no change. the lift motor measures good with a meter. i tried lifting the tray manually and no change. it will not perform the engine test. i swapped the formatter with no change. any ideas?????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Sounds like you went through all the obvious stuff.......

This might sound crazy, but have you tried another toner cartridge or fuser? These are both super easy to swap (with all the part-swapping you've been doing, it sounds like you might have another machine there).

Furthermore, I've actually seen this problem firsthand, and I've seen a new toner cartridge solve it.  Your mileage may vary, but it's certainly worth a shot.  Good luck!

Matt

Image Compuer Corporation

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Sounds like you went through all the obvious stuff.......

This might sound crazy, but have you tried another toner cartridge or fuser? These are both super easy to swap (with all the part-swapping you've been doing, it sounds like you might have another machine there).

Furthermore, I've actually seen this problem firsthand, and I've seen a new toner cartridge solve it.  Your mileage may vary, but it's certainly worth a shot.  Good luck!

Matt

Image Compuer Corporation

HP Recommended

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.

On the right hand side panel of the machine there is a small hole in between the slots of the ventilation.Inside is a push button that will run the engin test.Simply pushed with a paper clip to start the test.Then we will know if the engin is running.Hope this will help.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended

When you turn your printer ON without trays are you having insert tray message or tray lifting message?

The lifting motor activates when the tray is inserted, there is a switch in the back of the printer for tray presence, when a tray is lifted ( paper in a tray is detected by the sensor) motor stops.

Does lifting motor rotate? You need to hear lifting assy moving, or you can activate lifting with removed tray by pressing a switch in the interior of the printer for tray presence.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

I would have never believed it, but you were 100% dead on. the user had installed a new toner cartridge prior to the issue starting, that evidently was bad. Thanks !!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

This worked for me, I didn't want to believe it so i swapped out the printer 4 times using the same cartridge and once i swapped out the toner cartridge it worked. I'll never get those 2.5 hours back. Thanks for your help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.