Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Enterprise P3015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Replaced the ECU in our P3015 and everything is working as it should except when we add our optional Tray 3. The printer does not detect the tray at all and i fear that i missed a cable for the power while doing the ECU. Tried to Find a Diagram for the ECU board to determin what connector actually supplies power to the Connector on the bottom of the printer with no luck what so ever. I am going to have to open the machine back up and check, but would really love to know what connector actually supplies the power.

Thank you in advance!

Jamie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

In the end i had to just open up the printer again and found that on the left hand side of the ECU board starting from the bottom and going up, the first purple long connector is what i was looking for.  This connector had to be pushed in more to make the secure connection and sits farther in than the other connectors.  Testded and verified that Tray 3 is now working.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @JamieOj,

I don't have a ECU diagram to give you, but I reckon that you will have to open the printer again and check if every connector is connected properly.  Sometimes they either not connected fully or are totally unplugged (forgotten behind the ECU or other parts). Also take a careful look at the two connectors, one on the tray-3 and one at the bottom of the P3015 body that connects to the tray-3 for any obvious damage there.

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
HP Recommended

In the end i had to just open up the printer again and found that on the left hand side of the ECU board starting from the bottom and going up, the first purple long connector is what i was looking for.  This connector had to be pushed in more to make the secure connection and sits farther in than the other connectors.  Testded and verified that Tray 3 is now working.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.