Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet M15w
Chrome OS

I recently purchased the HP Chromebook 6CD26UA and haven't been able to establish a wireless connection to my HP

LaserJet M15w.  Both devices are connected to the same network.  After scrolling through the list of wireless printers available on the Chromebook, did I just somehow miss this model as an option?  I know that the Google Cloud option is going away, and I wouldn't want to use this service anyway.  ( I couldn't  find the printer on their list either.)  I also tried the Wi-fi Direct option using the Direct IP address from the LaserJet Configuration Report. Are these two devices compatible?  I would think that two very current HP products would be, and I'm hoping it's simply operator error on my part.  Thanks for any advice on this!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@TK3L Greetings from the HP Community!

Here's all you need to know & do, to setup wireless printer connection to a chrome OS:

Step 1: Add the printer to the Chromebook

Connect the printer to your Chromebook with a wireless or USB cable connection to complete the setup. No drivers or apps are required to set up your printer.

1. Update the Chromebook to the most current version of Chrome OS.

2. Make sure the printer is turned on, ink cartridges are installed, and plain paper is loaded in the main tray.

3. Connect the printer USB cable to the Chromebook, or for wireless printing, place the printer close to the Chromebook and within range of the Wi-Fi router, and then do the following to connect the printer to the local Wi-Fi network.

• Printers with a touchscreen control panel: On the printer, select the Setup, Network, or Wireless menu, select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the instructions to connect the printer to your network.

NOTE: 

If you need your network name (SSID) and password, go to Finding Your Wireless Password.

• Printers without a touchscreen control panel: Press and hold the Wireless  button for five seconds. For Tango printers, press and hold the Wireless button and the Power button on the rear of the printer for five seconds. Within two minutes, press and hold the WPS button (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) on the router until the connection process begins. The Wireless light or blue bar on the printer stops flashing when the connection completes.

4. On the Chromebook, click the clock in the bottom right corner, and then click the Settings icon .

5. Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click Advanced.

6. Scroll to the Printing section, click Printers, and then click Add Printer.

• If your printer displays, click it, and then click Add.

• If your printer does not display, click Add Manually, and then follow the instructions to add the printer. Go to Chromebook Help - Set up your printer (in English) for more information.

Add a printer in Chrome OS

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.