Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet P1005 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

If I try to print, nothing goes to Print Queue.  I have removed the driver and reinstalled the driver which I copied from HPs pages. I used the compatibility mode Window8, as I installed the driver.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

The laserjet P1005 only has Hostbased plug and play drivers available from HP:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-p1005-printer/3435674

You can try this one dated back to 2013 but chances are that wont resolve the problem for you.  When MS releases a patch that breaks your printer then we usually have to wait for MS to patch whatever done broked on us.  You may have to wait and see if MS can deliver something for you on this one.

For the knowledge of the forum you could try confirming your Windows version for us to see if there are any others in the same boat:

1. Navigate to Start > Type "WinVer" > Select WinVer Run Command

2. Record the Version information posted here (ex: 1703 build 15063.786)

3. Proceed to shake fists at Microsoft like the rest of us

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

Oh whoops i missed the 1709 in your title.

In that case see the thread here that many people seem to be jumping onto for this subject:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Inkjet-Printing/Printer-Issues-after-Windows-10-Creator-s-Update-New-D...

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

I have solution for the case of not English Windows as mine (Russian). I get error when run driver installer so I have to:

1. find folder where it is extracted (in Temp folder)

2. find  .inf file (right click and select Install get error of not found some file). Replace Russian section in it with the same contents as in English section in this file

3. right click and select Install! Printer now fully functional!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.