Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I've used an HP LaserJet P1006 for 3 years now and it has performed without a hitch (I don't print that much).  However, recently it swallowed a sheet of paper in a rather crooked fashion that left it gasping, and I had to shut it down.  I was abled to carefully remove the paper after first removing the ink cartridge, but when I tried to print again, it would not do it.  I went through the entire check-up procedure the manual suggests, but no dice, it refuses to print.  This morning I tried something I did not tried before, which was printing  a "Demo Page" under the "Print Information Pages" of the "services" tab of the "Printing Preferences" menu.  To my surprise it printed the Demo Page.  However, it refuses to print anything else, like the "print test page" or print from any other program. Intimidation with a sledge hammer doesn't work either.  Any ideas anyone?  I'd appreciate your comments.  Thanks. JD

WindowsXP

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello,

Please use the document below and check if this helps in fixing the printing issue.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05368413 (Link Updated 05/01/2017)

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

*Say thanks by clicking the "Kudos! Star" which is on the left*
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue
HP Recommended

Thanks for the tip Royal_KB,  I tried what you suggested but no dice.   

I tried the HP Print Diagnostic Utility v4.1 with the following results:

1)  Before I tried to print, I clicked on the FIX button and it said:  "No problems were found for HP laserJet P1006"  and all checkmark circles are green. A small window pops up that states:   ""The HP Print Diagnostic Utility is not detecting any remaining issues.  Click PRINT A TEST PAGE to check your printer operation"".  I click to print, and a second window asks if I really want to print.  I say YES, but no printing takes place, the printer doesn't even attempt to print, though the light on the printer is green. So I click on RETEST I get the same behavior all over again.  ""No problems were found for HP laserJet P1006""  and all checkmark circles are green.  I try everything suggested by the HPPDU v4.1 and I find myself in a catch 22 situation,  so I do 2) next

2)  I  go to  PRINTING PREFERENCES > SERVICES tab > PRINT INFORMATION PAGES >  select DEMO PAGE  >  PRINT button..............The printer then turns on,  and prints a perfect demo page of the printer.  I have tried to make this printer print through other programs and test pages etc. etc., but the Demo Page is the only thing it will print.  I'd appreciate any other suggestions.  Trebuchet candidate maybe?

Thanks

JD

HP Recommended

Had to clear paper jam! I pulled the paper out through the front, but now the paper will not feed into the printer!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.