Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color M251nw
macOS 10.14 Mojave

My M251nw is printing streaks and it's driving me nuts. I have gone through all of the troubleshooting steps detailed here and nothing has resolved the issue. I would very much prefer to not have to replace the entire printer so I'm looking for some guidance regarding what part may be at fault.

Judging by the tight repetition of the smudging (see attached photo of the Print Quality Page) I'm guessing it may be the small roller visible on the back of the printer (the secondary transfer roller, according to this third-party site).

Any guidance as to what part needs replacement would be very appreciated.

IMG_20200101_211513.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I would remove the black cartridge and look closely at it. That you are gettting black toner all down the page would suggest the black cartridge is bad. May also be a failed fuser. If you measure the distance between the repeating defects and refer to the chart below it will tell you exactly where the problem is.

251 defect ruler.jpg

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.