Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Can someone tell me how I can print duplex?  Once the computer prints out the page, it prompts me to flip the paper over.  However, I don't see a place for manual feed like my old HP Printer.

As well, how can I print legal?

THANKS!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

These are some great questions.  The M276nw laserjet does not have a manual feed slot.  One has to pull the paper tray out and place the printer page back in the tray to print on the other side for duplex printing.

* The information for this can be found in the manual for the printer, located here.  Take a look at pages 25-26.

Take a look at the picture below to get a better idea of how to use legal size paper in the paper tray.

papertray.JPG

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

These are some great questions.  The M276nw laserjet does not have a manual feed slot.  One has to pull the paper tray out and place the printer page back in the tray to print on the other side for duplex printing.

* The information for this can be found in the manual for the printer, located here.  Take a look at pages 25-26.

Take a look at the picture below to get a better idea of how to use legal size paper in the paper tray.

papertray.JPG

-------------How do I give Kudos? | How do I mark a post as Solved? --------------------------------------------------------

I am not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

i cannot print on legal size paper.  My printer prints one sheet then jams.

i find it odd that the tray sticks out a few inches from the printer body when it is adjusted for legal paper.  

Tech support was not much help. 

Any ideas?

HP Recommended

Hi tgifsf

I understand you aren't able to print on legal paper properly, it prints one page and then jams and the paper tray sticks out from the front of the printer.

I have included a document with pictures for loading the paper tray.

The legal size tray is supposed to stick out the front since the extender is being used.

Check the  printer preferences.

From the software program, select the Print option.
Select the proper printer name, then click Properties or Preferences.
Select the Paper/Quality tab.
Paper size, make sure it is selected on Legal.
Paper type, set it to plain paper.

Check the application settings to make sure it is also selected on legal paper size.

If you require further assistance please provide the following so I can assist you
better.

What application are you printing from?

Did you set the paper type in the application and the printer properties?

Let me know the results.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

It is not possible to print legal paper from this printer.  Because the tray sticks out 2 inches as explained in the instructions, it won't print because the tray is sticking out and wants you to "Load paper."  What the heck?

How in the world do I get it to print legal?!

HP Recommended

Hi Hollypit

I have included a Link to the manual. On page 14 it explains how to load the legal size paper.

Push down on the paper to make sure that the paper stack is below the paper limit tabs on the side of the tray. NOTE: When loaded with Legal-size paper, the tray extends from the front of the product approximately 51 mm (2 inches). NOTE: To obtain the best print results, select the appropriate paper size and type in your print driver before printing.

Change the settings for all print jobs from the software program, select the Print option.
Select the printer, and then click Properties or Preferences. Select Paper/Quality, select legal for paper size, automatic for paper source, plain for paper type. (it might be set to unspecified causing it not to work)

In the application you are printing from you also have to select the legal size if it isn't already.

Please let me know if that helped.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

This has been a nightmare for me too.

HP has replaced my printers repeatedly in hopes of resolving the paper jam issue, but it continues to be an issue.

I can put letter size paper through the Automatic Document Feeder (ADF) on both sides without an issue but when feeding legal size documents, it jams after the first side of the first page.

Although the people in Tech Support have tried to help, they have been very much unhelpful.  It seems to me, they are not fully trained in this area or in the installation of the printer software via wifi as that has been too complicated for them as well.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Has anyone been able to resolve this issue?

I need help fixing it.

HP Recommended

Just to confirm - there is NO duplex attachment available for the LaserJert Pro 200 Colort MFP?

Duplex printing can ONLY be done manually?

Thanks in advance!!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.