Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 200 color m251n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

can someone please provide me with the info how to col reset the printer?

Apparently the NVRAM reset is confidential

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/HP-LaserJet-Pro-200-color-m251nw-Ready-2-Download-is...

So it would be great if someone could send via PM...

Thanks!

Best regards,

Johannes

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

1627652657485.jpg1627652678086.jpg

If NVRAM doesn't work you need to send firmware through  USB cable connected.

If you can't see any processing changing on the LCD screen then you need to change the connected port from usb001 to ..002 ..003 .. and so on from print driver property until there's changed on the screen.

If it doesn't work after firmware updating then you need to replace formatter.

HP Recommended

An NVRAM reset will not fix this problem, as @east2100  stated, you will need to resend the firmware over USB to fix the error.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your anserws!

Cold reset did not work, but I was able to resend firmaware via USB.
Unfortunately after downloading I get a "Fatal Error 7" in the display, shortly after start of erasing..

To send the firmware, I have to have a printer installed in Windows, and apparently the driver for the printer can only be installed when the printer is functioning... So I installed "some" HP printer.

Maybe thats the problem, but the required printer driver for this printer I cannot install without connection to it..

Someone has an idea how else to handle this "Fatal Error 7" ?

Thanks...

HP Recommended

If the resend fails that way then likely you have a bad formatter. You are correct that a driver needs to be installed but it does not matter which one you use for the firmware fix. If it fails then you most likely have a hardware issue.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Ok. Thanks a lot for the quick reply. And what a pitty.. I guess there is no easy way to replace it? By exchanging a module than can be bought for 5€ on ebay or so...:)

HP Recommended

Formatter replaced is easy so buy a  used one from ebay may be is a good choice.

HP Recommended

I tried to find one, its very model dependant and if available not much cheaper than a used printer unfortunately..

Anyway, thanks for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.