09-22-2017 12:49 AM
My printer is stuck initializing. It asks Language and Location. It does not go any further.
I have done the follwoing already
1) I "power drain" by unplugging the machine for 60 seconds, plugging it directly into a wall socket and trying to restart.
2) done the "reset" by restarting the machine while holding my thumb on the display. I get as far as either the section asking for language, or the section asking for how it wants me to initialize, but then it freezes.
3) I have done all of these things with both the scanner tray open, the print cartridge tray open, and I have done these things with both the print cartridge installed and uninstalled.
4) although the display does not show any, it prints.
09-23-2017 08:06 AM
Welcome to the HP Forums!
I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.
I reviewed your post and I understand that the printer is stuck on initializing screen.
I’d love to help!
Resetting power to the printer forces the printer to reset stored values in the firmware. A power reset can help when the printer is not booting.
- Make sure the printer is idle, not making any sounds, before continuing.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.
If the issue persists I recommend you to update the firmware on the printer. Follow the steps in the below article to update the firmware.
Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.
To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.
I am an HP Employee
12-02-2019 01:36 PM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!