Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro M118dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi guys,

I'm a little bit stuck with my LaserJet Pro M118dw, my colleague has accidentally disabled the IPv4 in the Advanced Network setting which means I'm unabvle to access the web interface anymore and the printer is not working.

Could you advise how to either change the advanced network settings either via USB or other means, I'm happy to take the printer back to factory settings just don't know how, I can't see any obviouse way.

Thanks for all the help in advance :ThumbUp:

Michal

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Temporarily connect the printer to your computer with a USB cable.

Click Start > All Apps > HP and then click your printer name.

Under print click HP Device Toolbox

Note: you may also re-enable the IPv4 from the Networking tab under Advanced Options and check if that resolved the problem, so no need to reconfigure your printer then.

If needed. within the System tab click Save and Restore, In the Restore Defaults area, click the Restore defaults button.

The printer now restarts with the configuration settings restored.

If you would like to reconfigure your printer wirelessly, from the HP Software click the Tools or Utilities tab and then click Printer Setup & Software.

Click Convert a USB connected printer to wireless and follow the steps on screen to reconfigure the wireless connection for the printer.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.