Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I recently purchased a HP LasetJet Pro M15W for printing on cardstock and doing gold foils. For some reason I see streaks, they somewhat look decorative but I was wondering if I can I avoid this? I got this printer as a cheaper alternative to jet printers and its small, as I have a office printer (jet) at home. Is there any way I can tell the printer I'm using heavier paper and if so, how? (I'm printing from a template I created on Word. The cardstock isn't even heavy, its a 5x7 invite bought from a store)

Thank you! 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@pantigua16

A warm welcome to HP Community!

As per the printer specifications available here, HP LaserJet Pro M15w Printer supports 4.13 x 5.83 to 8.5 x 11.69 paper size and 65 to 120 g/m² media weight. The following table contains the HP LaserJet Pro M15w Printer paper handling specifications:

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!

Senan6806

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am using 65# cardstock and the printer still blotches out on one corner. This has been the problem from day one! First one or two pages print great then all the rest are NOT GREAT! I bought this printer for desktop publishing printing as I print a lot of certificates. So disappointed. Doesn't matter if I use HP toner or knock off - all the same issue.

HP Recommended

Two choices, you can use the embedded web server of the printer to go into the setup and setup the tray to use that size and type of paper or you can set it from the print driver before you send the print job.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.