Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

15 Printers on our Print Server
6 of those are HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127
I only have access to 3 of those MFP M127 printers

I Install Printer by accessing the Print Server and right clicking the printer needed and then select connect. Printer installs driver and printer successfully.

I print to other makes and models of printers and it prints successfully 

I try to print on the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127 and it "sends" the print job but it does not print anything
I used the user's Desktop and i used my Desktop as well to send print jobs. But no success

I install the printer via the IP address on the user's desktop and it prints successfully. I install the printer the same way on my machine and it prints successfully.

I uninstalled the port and the printer from the print server and reinstall the printer.

I removed all instances of that printer on the users desktop and my desktop and installed it again via the print server. It is able to print successfully. I tried on my Desktop and same success

A few days passed and the user is unable to print to the printer again.

I install printer via printer server on my end and I am unable to print. I install the printer via IP address and it is able to print successfully.

Any info will help

Thanks

Joel Suarez

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

It sounds like the queues you are setting up on the print server are becoming corrupted over time.  Either the hostname you are using for the printer is changing or the printer is on DHCP and migrating to a different IP Address every few days.  In both cases the static information you entered into the queue on your print server are no longer able to find the printer on your network.

The first think you need to do is configure your printers to use a static IP Address.  This rules out issues with DHCP and hostname registration with DNS.

Then reconfigure your queues on the print server to point to the reserved IP Addresses of your printers.  As long as something doesnt come along and reset the printer to the defaults, and there is power to the printer, your print server should always be able to find the physical printer for that queue.

After you configure static IPs and reconfigure the queues the last piece to examine is Print server security.  Under the properties of each queue is an area for security.  You need to make sure your intended users are in the right security group for that queue.  Remove all of the crud that is not necessary.  By default queues are set up for the "everyone" group as all access.  Tweak and adjust this area until it fits your environment correctly.  As users move around in Active Directory you will need to revisit the security tab and make sure it is cleaned up.  We avoid issues with AD by assigning users to roles or groups and then assigning those roles or groups to the queues instead of the individuals directly.  

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.