Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (42 Views)

HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw scans vertical line using document feeder

Product Name: LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw scans vertical line using document feeder. This machine was purchased 4 days ago. The scanner now scans a vertical black line when using the document feeder only.  It does not have an issue using the flatbed. 

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (18 Views)

Re: HP LaserJet Pro MFP M227fdw scans vertical line using document feeder

Hello, @RoscoeIT - Hope you are well!

Thank you for becoming an HP Forum member. It is a great location to get help from the community, get suggestions and find what has worked for others.

I understand you are getting vertical lines while scanning / copying using the ADF. This issue is mainly caused due to ink / dirt on the ADF glass strip. Please try the below-mentioned steps to fix this issue.

1. Make a blank copy using the ADF. Ideally, you should get a blank document with the two vertical lines.
  2. Keep the output page on your flatbed / main scanner glass facing towards you.
  3. Follow the line or streak on the paper to the area on the ADF glass that is causing the issue. Thoroughly clean the thin “White ADF scanner lid strip” and the “Glass ADF scanner strip” using a lint-free wet cloth.
  4. Check the figure below. 3 is the Glass ADF strip & 2 is the White ADF scanner lid strip.

ADF line issue.gif

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation