Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP LaserJet Pro m203dw Postscript Driver gets very dark Prints

HP LaserJet Pro m203dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear X

First:

Everything I use is in the very latest os, software, driver, hardware, firmware and securty versions. Printer hardware setup and settings as from factory. Using WiFi LPD and WSD port.

Here's my problem:

I have tried printing with every driver avaiable for this printer in every posible resolution.

Here is what I find;

1. Every PCL6 driver; PCL6v4 and PCL6 Universal is working as expected in every resolution; 600dpi, FastRes1200, ProRes1200 (141 lpi), ProRes1200 (180 lpi).

2. The PostScript Universal driver (recomened for Adobe Products) (PS) is working fine with resolution 600dpi and FastRes1200.

3. The PS Universal driver in resolution ProRes1200 is giving me very very dark prints, no matter the settings anywhere else in the printerdriver (have tested everything I can come up with).

Here is my Q.

Why is the Postscript Universal Printerdriver (as the only one) giving very very darks prints (graphics and text) no matter which setting I can some up with. Is this normal (I don't think so since it's useless) or is there an error somewhere in the PS Universal driver? Have anyone of you experienced this? Maybe found a solution?

PS: Please don't surgest  boot this and that and firmware upgrade and what else. Everything is the newest in hardware, drivers, os and firmware. And the PS driver resoluton ProRes1200 result is compared to all the PCL6 driver resolutions  and the PS resolution 600 dpi and fastres1200.

Should you ask; Why do I need ProRes1200? Because this is the setting that gives me the best and closest grey-values  from a colour media (PDF). 600 dpi and FastRes is slighty darker than the original print that I compare with and to. I have even tried with the Printer density lowered to no avail.

I haven't yet spoken to Costumer support. It's weekend 🙂

Regards Kvarsten

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation