Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
LaserJet M277dw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello. I changed the toner cartridges, but now the tray won't go back in. It is getting stuck and when I attempt to push it in, the rear-most cartridge is rubbing. I've removed the tray and there isn't anything that appears to be blocking this from going in. I've also tried to put the tray back in place without the cartridges and it still will not go in. I can put the tray in empty with a little effort (trying to not force it too much) and it looks like it isn't level. I can't see any place internally that would be causing this though. Any thoughts or suggestions? HP Inside.jpgHP tray loaded.jpgHP tray empty.jpg

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

@MikeV1971

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

Flower_Bud is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

And to help you out, I'm sending out a Private message,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

HP Recommended

Hi  Flower_Bud!

My office has a LaserJet Pro M252DW as our main colour printer. I was attempting to clear a paper jam when I managed to put the toner tray out. I have tried to put the toner tray back in but nothing works. Please can you advise how to get the tray back in? 

Many thanks!

David

HP Recommended

@DaveFB, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

The toner tray should not be removed from the printer. You may only pull the toner drawer out and then push it back in. To clear a paper jam, refer to the steps mentioned in this document.

To know how to re-insert the ink toners, refer to this document.

If the issue still persists, it could be a possible hardware issue.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar!

I completely appreciate that the toner tray should not be completely pulled out. However, now that I have done so, please can you tell me how to put it back in again?

The office is currently without a colour laser printer. The make is M252DW.

Many thanks for any help provided.

David

HP Recommended

@DaveFB

Please contact our HP Support team for further assistance as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar

Thanks for your help with this but the link just sent me to contact options. The automated AI just went around in circles trying to tell me how to insert ink cartridges and the other option for out of warranty printers is to come back here.

Has no-one but me ever managed to remove a laser toner tray completely from their printer??

David

HP Recommended

@DaveFB

I have sent you a private message, to contact that cannot be shared in a public post.

Can you please check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Have a great day!

Welcome to the HP Community.

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I need help with this same issue. Had to pull the try all the way out to clear a jam. It wont go back in. I need to get it back in ASAP. It is M277dw model.

Thanks in advance for your help!

HP Recommended

Is any one out there that can help with this problem!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.