Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color Laserjet 2025dn
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I've used duplex printing with this printer for years, but I was getting red streaks along the side of pages, so I reinstalled the same driver--Universal Printing PCL6--and updated the firmware. Now I can't get the duplex to work.  Devices and Printers>Device Settings says it's installed. I've checked Print on Both Sides in the printer properties for my document. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the driver a couple of times. There are no error messages. What's the fix for this? Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

On your PC go to control panel and then devices and printers. Right click on the printer icon for your printer and select printer properties. Click on device settings tab and scroll to the bottom of that window until you see installable options. Check to see if duplexer is installed.  If not click and change to yes, apply settings and then close the window and try again.  Be sure to close and reopen program you are trying to print from to ensure new settings are active.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thank you, but as I wrote in my post, I've already checked that and it is installed.

HP Recommended

Sorry about the repeat in the first post, I did not register that you had actually checked. Which version of the UPD are you running?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I was so fed up that I used System Restore to go back to the original 2015 version of this driver, but although I could print on both sides I was left with the original problem of red streaks. Today I updated to the newer version again--PCL 6 (6.7.0.23989 March 11, 2019), and I updated the firmware, although it's from 2014, so I don't know if it's an update--CP 2020_Series_FW_Update-20140702.  Now I can't print in duplex mode again. It is installed in Devices and Printers>Device Settings.  

HP Recommended

I removed the driver--again--and installed it again, and for some reason it now works. I had red streaks on my pages again, but I replaced the magenta cartridge, which seems to have resolved that issue. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.