Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I am trying to figure out which roller I need to replace on my Laserjet 5.  It is on the lower side of the printer where the paper tray goes.  It is not the main feeder roller (oval shaped) it is on the left side of the oval roller (below and to the left it in the picture).  It goes on the silver rod in the lower portion of the picture (approximately 1/3 in from the left side).  Any help is appreciated.  ThanksHP LJ5 picture.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@MSchorr

Thank you for joining the HP Support Community.

This is a hardware issue with the printer.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for one on one interaction. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Have a great day ahead!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

What's the serial number 

HP Recommended

@MSchorr

You can find the serial number on the rear end of the printer on a barcode sticker.

Have a great day!

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

HP LaserJet 5 is a old old...but excellent printer.

From the picture you posted you need a roller like this.

1548209723526.jpg

I had done it many years age.

You can take it from a exit roller like HP LaserJet 4V / 5000 / 5100 .....

Here's a sample of 4V's.

69285.jpg

Pull one roller out and push it into where 5's needed. It woll work fine.

Because of the age of 4V & 5000/5100 the roller which you take may be the friction is not enough.

You can use the Heat-Shrinkable Tubings to make it thicker for use.

Like what i had done long time ago.....

69286.jpg

What I really used before was from HP 5000's actually.

Hope it helps.

HP Recommended

@east2100

This is a hardware issue with the printer.

I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support for one on one interaction. 

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp

Step 2. Sign in / sign in as a guest

Step 3. Enter the product number or select to auto detect

Step 4. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 5. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

Keep me posted on further assistance. Hope that helps! 

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Serial # is: USKC026960

HP Recommended

Raj,

I am unable to go through the process.  It keeps telling me my model and serial number don't exist.  All I really need is for someone who is familiar with my product (the laserjet 5) to look at the picture I posted and tell me the part number for the roller I need.  I looked at several user manuals and technical manuals and I think it is either the RBI-2127-000CN or the RBI-2205-000CN.  I found several sources online, but want to make sure I am ordering the part that will solve my problem.  I wouldn't think this should be so difficult.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I have posted the picthure you need.

The red circle in my picture which needs a reller on the metal and it is gone in your picture.

You have to find a roller to insert it onto that metal and the roller i get form HP 4V/5000/5100's exir roller which is the picture 2 & 3.  Take one roller from there and inser onto yours then all will be fine.

HP LaserJet 5 is so old enough as HP will not give you any help!

Find the roller for yourself or have someone else fixed it for you but never from HP.

1548765979786.jpg

Yes, I still have some LaserJet 5 / 4 with me but all of them seat at bottom side of the conor with many other HP printer on them so I really don't want to move them unless it's really necessary.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.