Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color Laserjet CP 1215
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My magenta cartridge is out of alignment.  Printout has pink shadows approx 1/16 inch below proper alignment.

Configuration page illustrates the problem with just this one color toner cartr.  Toolbox software was not installed.  Is it available to help correct this issue?  How can I align one cartridge?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@patmac1 

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

@patmac1 wrote:

Toolbox software was not installed.  Is it available to help correct this issue?

No, not anymore under Win10.

@patmac1 wrote:

How can I align one cartridge?

Never!

Print the test page. See Figure 4: Print quality troubleshooting page bands 

Open the Devices and Printers > right-click on printer > open Printer Settings > Service tab

You must change the magenta cartridge.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.

Inquiries via private messages (PM) cannot be answered.
HP Recommended

Thank you Andreas, for your response.  I don't have a service tab and the closest I can come to solving the alignment problem is "Print Configuration Page."  There is no opportunity to "Configure or Configure Now"----I sure wish toolkit software  were available to resolve this prob.  This is a new magenta cartr.  I've used 5% just testing various fixes!  The config page clearly shows the misalignment of the magenta toner.  Does HP have an email where I could send a scan of this test page?

Thanks so much for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.