Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
patmac1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet CP 1215---my magenta cartridge is out of alignment. Need to install toolbox

HP Color Laserjet CP 1215
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My magenta cartridge is out of alignment.  Printout has pink shadows approx 1/16 inch below proper alignment.

Configuration page illustrates the problem with just this one color toner cartr.  Toolbox software was not installed.  Is it available to help correct this issue?  How can I align one cartridge?

2 REPLIES 2
Level 15
Level 15
17 16 4 9
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Laserjet CP 1215---my magenta cartridge is out of alignment. Need to install toolbox

@patmac1 

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

@patmac1 wrote:

Toolbox software was not installed.  Is it available to help correct this issue?

No, not anymore under Win10.

@patmac1 wrote:

How can I align one cartridge?

Never!

Print the test page. See Figure 4: Print quality troubleshooting page bands 

Open the Devices and Printers > right-click on printer > open Printer Settings > Service tab

You must change the magenta cartridge.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Andreas

If my post resolved your problem please mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks”!

I'm not an employee of HP, I'm as volunteer here.
0 Kudos
patmac1
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you Andreas, for your response.  I don't have a service tab and the closest I can come to solving the alignment problem is "Print Configuration Page."  There is no opportunity to "Configure or Configure Now"----I sure wish toolkit software  were available to resolve this prob.  This is a new magenta cartr.  I've used 5% just testing various fixes!  The config page clearly shows the misalignment of the magenta toner.  Does HP have an email where I could send a scan of this test page?

Thanks so much for your help!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation