Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet Pro MFP 225dw

Hi,

I need to reset the password for some printers. I have tried all the clean reboot instructions and none of them have worked. I work at a school and we have a lot of printers with this issue. I have typed in the IP address of the printers but when I try to change the settings, I get prompted asking for a username and password that I do not know. 
I have seen mentions about doing a NVRAM reset. How might I go about this? 

Thank you for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ColinEngland

Greetings and Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Don't worry, I'm here to help! 

I have sent you the steps to reset the printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@ColinEngland

Greetings and Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Don't worry, I'm here to help! 

I have sent you the steps to reset the printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello HP Community, 

I have the same problem.  I'm sysadmin of a small organization. We have an HP LaserJet Pro MFP M225dw device, which i installed and configured a few years ago. I've been set admin account and password, but unfortunately i lost the password. Now due to security reasons i need to stop some running services like wifi and ftp, but i can't manage it without the admin account. I've reading a lot of forum threads and watched a few videos, but i can't successfully reset the device.

I wrote a PM to a HP Support Agent, but hav been encouraged to post my request in public in HP Community. So i'm doing it and  I hope to find a solution for my problem.
I apologize about my bad English.

HP Recommended

@YuliD Welcome to HP Community!

I have sent you the steps to reset the printer. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums.

Hope this helps!

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for you support!

Your instructions solve my problem on 100%

Keep help us and make us happy.

Respect

HP Recommended

@YuliD

That's great! Happy to hear that.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.