Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

i Have problem with HP Laserjet 2600, when i print with letter A5 after 20 copy it started to doubly image.
the toner are original and i cleaned the laser but i don't have results.
do you have any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Is this happening on Black and White prints or on full color? If it is happening on color, is it one color or all? Can you post a sample for us to see?

My first guess would be that either the fusing unit is starting to go bad or you have an old imaging drum (cartridge).

If this occurs after 20 prints, sounds like the fusing unit is not heating up correctly and there is residual toner left on the fuser rollers.

It also could be a votage issue, and either the imaging drum of the cartridge is not being erased properly or your having a hardware failure with the write unit or control board.

You can try and isolate the probelm to either the fusing unit or image formation system. send a print job, and when the error starts occuring, jam the printer- if the image defect is occuring during image formation, you will see the "copied or doubled" up image on the paper on the transfer belt that hasnt run through the fusing unit yet. If the prints look good before they enter the fusing unit, but the doubling occurs after going through the fuser- then that component is failing.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Is this happening on Black and White prints or on full color? If it is happening on color, is it one color or all? Can you post a sample for us to see?

My first guess would be that either the fusing unit is starting to go bad or you have an old imaging drum (cartridge).

If this occurs after 20 prints, sounds like the fusing unit is not heating up correctly and there is residual toner left on the fuser rollers.

It also could be a votage issue, and either the imaging drum of the cartridge is not being erased properly or your having a hardware failure with the write unit or control board.

You can try and isolate the probelm to either the fusing unit or image formation system. send a print job, and when the error starts occuring, jam the printer- if the image defect is occuring during image formation, you will see the "copied or doubled" up image on the paper on the transfer belt that hasnt run through the fusing unit yet. If the prints look good before they enter the fusing unit, but the doubling occurs after going through the fuser- then that component is failing.

I am not a HP employee. I am a service tech on these forums researching topics and offering my best guess to aide in your troubleshooting.
HP Recommended
Hello, thanks for answer, I stop paper before go in the fuser and image look good. Sorry for my bad english
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.