Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello: I have an issue with an HP Laserjet M2727 MFP. Some PDFs are printed in inverted form, that is, black text with white background prints as white text with black background.

I have the printer connected through an Airport Extreme base station and I use MAC OSX 10.6.

Would appreciate any help on this.

Regards,

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Does this issue only occur wtih PDF files, or do other document-type files also exhibit this issue (i.e. - Word, Text Edit, Web Pages)?

Has it been doing this since you first installed it, or did it just start doing this?

Did you first install the product before moving to 10.6, or were you already running 10.6 when you installed?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am an HP Employee
Click the KUDOS Star to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hello and thanx for your questions:

The issue only occurs with PDFs. Not so with Word or JPGs. Have not tried with webpages.

It has occurred since it was first installed. I was already running OSX 10.6 when the printer was installed.

HP Recommended

What program are you using to print your PDF files?

If Preview, try downloading/installing Adobe Reader and see if it works (or visa versa if you are currently using Adobe Reader).

Also, try searching on google for a PDF file, open it in the browser, and see if it prints normally or inverted.

Please post your results.

Thanks!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am an HP Employee
Click the KUDOS Star to say "Thanks"

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hi, I recently had the same problem and this is a color profile issue. In your print dialog, select the Color Matching option. Make sure that "Vendor Matching" is selected. If it's not able to be chosen, then try the "gutenprint" flavor of driver that is the closest match for your printer.

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem.  So far the problem only occurs with 1 specific PDF file, not all PDF files.  It happens with Preview and Adobe Acrobat Pro.

In the print dialog under Color Matching there is no option for "Vendor Matching" or "gutenprint".

Could there perhaps be a problem with a preference file?  I tried trashing some of those, but so far I haven't found the culprit (if it is a preference file at all).  Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!  Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.