Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (228 Views)

HP M277n Photo prints on photo paper not very good

Product Name: hp m277n
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi

I have a HP M277n printer using the original HP toners that came with the printer.

I have bought some HP 200gsm Professional glossy photo paper.

Photo prints do not look very good and look like there is too much green in the picture.

Reviews of this printer show photos look very good but when i print they look rubbish.  It doesn't matter if I print on regular plain or photo paper they still look dark and poor quality.

I have upgraded the firmware and driver to the latest version.

The photos i'm printing are taken using a Panasonic Lumix tz70 camera in RAW format and then converted to TIFF.

Which settings in the printer properties are best to use for the glossy paper and this printer please?

thanks

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (49 Views)

Re: HP M277n Photo prints on photo paper not very good

@m277n

I would be happy to help you with your HP Color LaserJet Pro M277 Printer. I understand that you are getting print quality issues while printing photos and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Check the print settings.

1. In the program you are trying to print from, click File, and then click Print.

The Print window opens.

2. Open the Properties dialog box.

Depending on the software program, the button might be Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer, or Preferences.

3. Depending on your print job, you might consider modifying the following settings:

• Paper Type: If you are printing on photo paper, select the type of photo paper you are attempting to print on.

• Print Quality: If you are dissatisfied with the quality of your printouts, increase the print quality. To print more quickly, decrease the print quality. These options typically include Best, Normal, and Draft modes.

• Paper Size: If you are printing on a different size of paper than you normally print on, select the correct paper size.

• Black and White: If you want to print in black and white only, select the grayscale option.

4. After selecting the print settings, click OK to apply the settings, and then click Print.

Check the EconoMode settings.

Inspect the toner cartridge for damage.

Click here and refer the document to perform the above steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation