Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP M506 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

One of the HP M506 printers has developed a slight skew from Tray 2 and 3 but not Tray 1. This is a fairly new printer. I also used the same paper in all three trays to rule out that the paper is causing it. What internal part does the print use in Tray 2 and Tray 3 but not Tray 1?  All rollers look brand new, all OEM parts and toner.

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

If both trays it might be something in the paper path that runs behind the MP tray where paper from trays 2 and 3 pass. Even a small piece of label can be enough to slow the paper down on one side and cause skewing.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

No matter how many years I work on printers sometimes I forget the simplest solution is the most probable. I take no offense. I am working on it now, thanks for the advice.  Ok checked the paper path, put in new rollers, flossed the front and back of each tray. Still the left side of the print is 1/32nd of an inch low. Checked all Sensors, even tried a tray 3 from another machine. No luck

HP Recommended

Ok it seems like tray 2 is okay but tray 3 is still skewed. I found no paper in the path. When I say slightly, I am talking like 1/32 of an inch.

HP Recommended

Hello
When you load the paper cassette
The paper tray operates and rises to the bottom of the paper tray?

HP Recommended

Yes

HP Recommended

We have the same issue: HP M506 with three paper trays installed. 

You chose the right word: it is actually SKEWing the image – not just slightly rotated. We've printed a precise test sheet from trays 2, 3, and 4 (not manual), and same result, so must be something to do with the timing between the fuser rotation speed and the laser. 

Any resolution on this? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.