Tutor
9 7 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP M506 not keeping tray settings

HP LJ M506DN
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

We have recently installed a HP LJ M506 printer on our print server.  We have an add on tray, so there are a total of three trays.  We use tray 1 for envelopes, tray 2 for letter head, and tray 3 for plain letter.

We typically set up a second printer for letterhead, and enable only tray 2.  I have set that printer up, and the defaults are going to tray 2, letter, and there are no issues.

On the other printer we want to have tray 2 "not configured" so that it will not print to that tray, however whenever I make the changed to the driver to disable that tray, the settings come back as soon as I look at the driver again.  I"m installing this on a Server 2016 print server, however I get the same indication when I install it locally on my Windows 10 machine.

2 REPLIES 2
Tutor caseycam Tutor
Tutor
17 17 0 1
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am not aware of any way to disable tray 2. It is a built-in paper tray and is the default, unless an additional paper tray is installed. Have you tried to set the paper type to a type that the driver would never use, such as a cardstock? The other option would be to set the paper size to B5. This would essentially lock out the paper tray from use, unless the specified paper type and size are sent.

I am an HP employee
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Intern Intern
Intern
34 18 1 4
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

We are sorry for the inconveince caused.

I would recommend to upgrade firmware on the printer. Please go to www.hp.com and download latest firmware and try

Let us know if you need any help

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
--Say "Thanks" by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.
--Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation