Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laser Jet MFP M130fn
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hi,
I have HP MFP M130fn multifunction printer and it seemed to work fine, but a few days ago something happened and the printer started printing bad:

Like 65% in the progress of printing a page a whole line of letters gets a bit shrunk, following by more lines more shrunk than the last. Then the line of letters gets stretched, following some lines stretched more then the last, but then going back to normal (75% of the page) and continuing to print normally.

I tried to print from other PCs - it's the same. I tried to install the drivers on new PC and install from it - still the same.

BUT - if I print a demo or test or report page from inside the printer itself - then it seems ok.

The printer is connected to a switch (which is connected to the main router) via ethernet cable, the main PC is connected to the switch too, but I tried to print from other PCs connected to the main router directly and it is still the same.

I have installed new printer drivers from official HP support page, then deleted ALL hp drivers, reinstalled again, still the same.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi again guys,

Thank you for all your answers. 

Turns out that the culprint of shrinking/streching letters was a faulty cartridge. When I replaced it with previous one, the pages started printing decently. 

Thank you,

AnFallow

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried printing with a USB connection?

it might be a problem with the switch, since the demo is fine.

Try connecting a USB and then check if its the same.

Hope this helps.

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue.
HP Recommended

I might also recommend to make sure that the printer is plugged in directly to an outlet, in addition to the steps below (many of which you have tried):

HP LaserJet printers - Resolving Strange, Garbled or Illogical Text, Incomplete Printouts, or Missin...

-- ReverseTalk
I work on behalf of HP.
Click the thumbs up + button to thank me. Mark Accepted Solution if I solved your inquiry.
HP Recommended

Hi AnFallow,

Printing that shows the shrinkage and recovery that you describe usually means that there is a speed variation in the paper path during the printing.  Something holds the media back, so that the printed characters that are on the laser drum are crunched.  As the speed recovers, the transfer gets back to normal and the printed characters are all OK.  Can you tell if the entire image is shrunk top to bottom, so that there is more room at the bottom of a page that would normally be filled.  I would not blame the switch or the router, since the image is resident in the machine before the media is picked in most of these engines (this could be a host driven system - I didn't work on this model).  Shrunken images are not usually from the image coming in but from the drive train.  Can you check if the rollers are dusty?  Could there be an obstruction in the media tray that is delaying part of the media during the printing?  The Demo pages printing OK  - please check if the images are really OK in the same region that the slow down occurs, although since the rollers are not synchronous, it is possible that some pages show the shrinking at different places down the image.  Does it occur on every page you print but not on the demos at all?

Please check a few more images, since I suspect the printer and not the electronics that are feeding the info.

Dovid

I am an HP Employee
I work in Laser Jet Printing ((;-)>
The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of HP. Kudos are always appreciated if I have helped you.
HP Recommended

Hi again guys,

Thank you for all your answers. 

Turns out that the culprint of shrinking/streching letters was a faulty cartridge. When I replaced it with previous one, the pages started printing decently. 

Thank you,

AnFallow

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.