Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP MFP M225DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since yesterday my printer after turning on i received an error code of 79 i believe, but after few times restarting the screen when blank with question mark highlighted.

afer searching online today, and here i found i could hard reset it. 

i did press the screen on the left side before turning the printer on and kept on pressing till i get the message. 

once releasing the screen it went to " Initiating permanent storage " and it wouldn't move any further. even if i keep it on for 15 min.

I even tried the unplug, remove the cartridge, turn it on and then insert cartridge --- that didn't worked.

i even tried turn the screen on till blank screen with question mark highlighted, remove the cartridge and then press "Home" button (which is blank as well) ----- that didn't worked too.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@umarazmat

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Is the Printer connected directly to the wall outlet?

This error  may occur due to a corrupt print job from any of the computers on your network.

I suggest trying to unplug your router for a moment first, then restart the printer and check if the error remains or not, by that you remove any possible device to cause the error.

Next power on your router back and check the print queue of your computer, if there is any print job in the queue be sure to cancel it.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.

1. yes the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet, like it always been since i bought it.

2. no i have checked in my pc, laptop, they were no print job struck and it was clear.

3. i have tried that but no reply.

(Without connecting to PC or laptop) whenever it is turn on, it first highlights the buttons for a sec and then goes to loading the HP devices and as the bar is near half the screen goes blank and the right upper side button Question MArk is highlighted only. 

I can turn the printer off by pressing the power button for 5 sec or more.

I have even press the lower screen on the left side before turning the printer on to get to the permanent storage int.  (with the cartridge in and also tried with cartridge out) then it shows this before it gets struck " INITIALIZING STORAGE INT."

After that, it doesn't do anything until i have to turn the printer off

HP Recommended

You can try upgrading the Firmware: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

If the issue persists, I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.