cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
3 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP MFP1005 working on Windows 10 laptops, not working on Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium

HP Recommended
HP MFP1005
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi team,

My HP MFP1005 is working perfectly on the Windows 10 laptops I have. However it does not work on my Windows 7 64bit Home Premium OS based Samsung laptop. I have aready done the following:

1. Reset the laptop to the orginal Windows factory reset.

2. Reinstalled the 64 bit installer downloded from the HP website.

3. Uninstalled the HP program files using the control panel and also removed the printer device from the control panel.

4. Reinstalled the installer, still no go.

5. Odd part is the device does not show "device not working" in the devices and printers option.

6. Scanning using Scan To throws up error "Cannot communicate with the scanner".

I have cleaned up the registry settings, as suggested  by some of the blogs on the site., however, it is still a no go.

I need some advice on the way to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Anil Lobo 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I removed the printer from the devices and printers in the Windows control panel, removed the data connection from the printer, reattached to the printer, shutdown the PC. Post restart, the scanner and printer worked. Still under observation, too early to comment as issue resolved for good.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

We changed the wireless mouse and keyboard, it works now.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation