Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 810-150se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have had this printer for several years and it has worked perfectly until the last windows 10 and adobe update several weeks back. The printer is on a wireless network and I am able to print from my phone, my pad, my laptop to this printer. I am also able to print from my desktop computer to other usb printers and to another network computer with no problem. I have uninstalled the software for the MFP477fdw printer and reinstalled it at least 10 times. I have run the diagnostics and print and scan doctor and it says everything is okay. I can scan from my printer to the  computer but not print to it. When I try to print the printer comes on and runs but never prints and the print queue empties out quickly. I have tried everything that I have seen on any support page at Microsoft and at HP but nothing seems to work. The cartridges are not empty. I have never had this extended problem before.  The printer shows it is a WFD port. I have tried changing it to an FTP/IP port with no change. I have uninstalled and restarted and reinstalled so many times now it seems useless. I guess this is a good example of insanity. Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Try this. Download the HP Universal Printer Driver PCL6. current version is 6.9. This is a self executing file, double click and let it unpack the files (you will have a directory in the root of your C drive called "HP Universal Print Driver". After the files are unpacked you will be prompted to install printer. Say no and exit the program. Now go to control panel>devices and printers and click add printer.  Windows will search for printers, ignore that and click "my printer is not shown" and then select "add local or network printer manually. You can use existing port if the TCP/IP port you created earlier is still listed, if not select "create new port type "standard tcp/ip". Enter the IP address of the printer. When prompted for driver click "have disk" and browse to the Universal Print Driver folder created earlier and click ok. You will be shown 2 driver options, they are identical but one shows you the version after installation and the other does not. Select one click ok and printer will install. This should resolve your problem.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Try this. Download the HP Universal Printer Driver PCL6. current version is 6.9. This is a self executing file, double click and let it unpack the files (you will have a directory in the root of your C drive called "HP Universal Print Driver". After the files are unpacked you will be prompted to install printer. Say no and exit the program. Now go to control panel>devices and printers and click add printer.  Windows will search for printers, ignore that and click "my printer is not shown" and then select "add local or network printer manually. You can use existing port if the TCP/IP port you created earlier is still listed, if not select "create new port type "standard tcp/ip". Enter the IP address of the printer. When prompted for driver click "have disk" and browse to the Universal Print Driver folder created earlier and click ok. You will be shown 2 driver options, they are identical but one shows you the version after installation and the other does not. Select one click ok and printer will install. This should resolve your problem.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

it worked! I am so happy. I have worked to correct this for two weeks. I am amazed that it worked after trying so many things. Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

HP Recommended

Nothing better than a happy ending to a tech challenge.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.