Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Another person stuck with hp invent screen. If someone can put up the instructions again.

Thanks

HP Recommended

HP products are a con. I will never buy HP again.

It’s been one problem or another from day one until this no reboot-no power-frozen screen issue.

Basically, All In One 7410 printer was fine one day and the next, the LCD screen was frozen on the HP logo without ability to reboot or turn on the power.

From all the numerous posts on the internet going back at least 4yrs that I could see, this same issue has been affecting hundreds of customers but HP does nothing to rectify their substandard products.

This is obviously a MANUFACTURE PROBLEM!! 

HP SHAME ON YOU!!!

Anyway after trawling through all the forums on the internet, and trying all the #&6, #&3, Cancel&On, OK&On etc etc reset combos without success, I finally found a solution that worked. 

It basically involves getting into the printer itself & disconnecting the wireless capability. It took me less than 5mins. I cannot believe that after all the time spent trying to find a solution, this was all it took.

Some intelligent very considerate person took a lot of time to lay out the steps with pictures! (see link below) on a forum type site called 'CallitOut' .

It is very basic with pictures so even the most technically challenged person cannot go wrong in following the instructions.

Simply unplug the power supply,  get the right type of minuscule screwdriver to remove the printer back panel, identify and unhook the wireless cord, screw panel back in and its like magic! - your power on button should now work! (after plugging in power supply of course)

You need the link and pictures to do this correctly- wouldn't want you fidgeting with all the other probably unnecessary rubbish in the printer.

From the other posts, it appears that the downside is that you will have no more wireless capability but never worked properly for me anyway so who cares! Will continue to use a USB cable to print.

I only hope the post is still available to other sufferers because I saw comments to the same solution on a different forum but the link to that post had been removed (probably by HP since their only advise is to conveniently get you to service their substandard product at your on cost of course).

I thankfully kept trawling the internet until I found the same solution on a different link.

This link to the solution is below (title of post is “HP 7410 Printer Won't Boot Up, Stuck In Software Boot Cycle”  by lighthouse)

http://callitout.com/quotes/index.php/kick-it-to-the-curb/68/printer-wont-boot-up-start-cycle/

Good Luck!!

HP Recommended

the link to the blog does not work anyone else know how to do it?

HP Recommended

kingkev1959 wrote:  the link to the blog does not work anyone else know how to do it?

This one works (as of today).  Try to ignore the advertising....

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Disconnecting the wireless cable is DEFINITELY the solution!!!!!  Great job!!!!  The pictures and instructions on the Callitout forum are fabulous.  Mega kudos!!!!

HP Recommended

I cannot locate the information from the hyperlink listed in your comment because it is no longer posted with that hyperlink anymore. If possible I need to recieve the information that was originally listed with that hyperlink so that I can fix my HP printer in the same manner. So can you repost the steps that you took to fix your problem on your printer.

HP Recommended

This is great! Worked for me.

HP Recommended

Realize this is a very old post.  Couldn't follow the link for exact directions on how to get my HP 7410 power prob resolved.  Any other way to get to those instructions... sounds like real deal.  Hope so!

HP Recommended

I had the same problem. First it would boot to the set up screen but none of the bottons would work, Did a partial rest and it is running now for about 30 minutes. Is there a full reset? My computer reads it as new hardware and tryingto install the software

HP Recommended

This link is working as of today.  It has the full instructions:

http://callitout.com/quotes/index.php/kick-it-to-the-curb/68/printer-wont-boot-up-start-cycle/

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.