Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP P3015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My P3015 continues to have a paper jam error message even with no paper. I removed the fuser and found a small part loose inside of it (see image, the nickle indicates the size of the part). Is this piece a part of the fuser? And, will replacing the fuser correct the probblem? Thanks. 

P3015 Part.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

I would like to try and give some information to the broken part.The part is a flag sensor inside the fuser unit telling when the paper goes through the machine.You will have to remove the fuser and open up the unit to find the location of the sensor.Then you will have to replace or try and fix the broken part.

Hope that this helps.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
HP Recommended

Would replacing the fuser correct the issue?

HP Recommended

Replacing the fuser will solve the problem.But it is also repairable should u open the fuser unit assembly and find the place to fit the broken flag sensor.Some glue and patience will do the trick.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I'll try that before ordering a fuser.

HP Recommended

Looks to me like the flag is broken at one end so replacing the fuser may be your only option. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.