cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HP P3015 has a Phantom Jam

HP Recommended
HP P3015
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I have an HP P3015 that makes three "rubberband" sounding noises when trying to print and then claims a paper jam. I do not see any jams, but here are my steps thus far (in no particular order):

1. tried a new fuser OEM
  2. replaced the rollers as part of the maintenance kit
  3. tried a new toner OEM
  4. I have replaced the tray cassette with a brand new one

I can't find anything on the internet about this, which seems strange. The sound is less with the new tray than the old one but I don't think its the tray.

If you want to hear the nice noises coming from the printer you can click on this link for my wonderful home movie of the behavior.

Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
4 4 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

One common issue is for the drive shaft (shaft that turns the pickup roller in Tray 2, the main cassette) to get knocked out of place and actually "slip" into the printer too far to the right.  This will be hardly noticeable; usually it's 1/8th of an inch difference.  It will appear that the pickup roller and its drive shaft are meshing, but very close inspection will reveal a slight gap.  Hence the noise and the paper jams.

Have you tried printing from Tray 1 (the foldown door on the front)?  If that prints ok then it is definitely a problem with the drive for pickup on Tray 2.

To solve, you essentially need to get a good grip on the drive shaft (needlenose pliers may help) and pull the shaft back to the left to make better contact with the pickup roller.  There is a gear on the other end of that drive shaft; as you pull the shaft to the left, you will also want to be very very slightly rotating the shaft toward you and then away from you in an attempt to line up the gear which has slipped out of place on the far end of that shaft.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Yes I forgot to mention Tray 1 prints fine. Can you describe for me better or send a pic or edit my pic and show me where this shaft is? 

I only see a small plastic looking shaft on the right hand side of that roller, see image attached.

IMG_3686 2.jpg

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation