Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LASERJET PRO MFP M26nw

Please help us figure out how to setup our HP LASERJET PRO MFP M26nw

so that it works in a wireless mode

Thanks!

Appreciate any help to a Senior Citizen 😊

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LolaHT, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Which device are you trying to print from?

Use WPS to connect the printer to your wireless network.

1. Locate the WPS button on your router, but do not press it yet.

If your router does not support WPS, skip to the next step to connect the printer with the HP Smart app.

2. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button on the control panel.

3. On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button  for at least 3 seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash.

4. On the router, press and hold the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds or until it shows that the WPS connection process has started.

NOTE: The printer stops searching for a WPS connection two minutes after the wireless button is pressed. If you were unable to press the WPS button within that timeframe, attempt these steps again.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

Alternatively, you may also press the settings button ton the printer > Network setup > Wireless radio > ON

Now go to WPS Setup > Push-button. 

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks much, Kumar! Will try it ASAP, and will let you know. We are printing from APPLE Laptop, and mobile devices (IPAD, IPHONE). Regards.

HP Recommended

@LolaHT

Make sure the printer and the MAC are connected to the same wireless network.

Once the printer is connected to the wireless network, print a Wireless test report to check to which network it is connected to.

1. On the printer control panel, use the arrow buttons to scroll to Network Setup, and then press OK.

2. Press the right arrow  to scroll to Wireless Menu, and then press OK.

3. Press the right arrow  to scroll to Network Test, and then press OK.

A Wireless Network Test Report prints.

Also, check on MAC

• The wireless status menu on your Mac should also give us quite a lot of information that would help us identify the issue. You can press and hold the option key on your keyboard and click the WiFi icon to get detailed information.

You may also refer to this document to know how to print from iOS devices.

Keep me posted.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.