Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laserjet P4015
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello Guys,

I have a HP Laserjet P4015 that intermittently stops printing. To get the print printing again, it has to be powered off then back on. The event log of the printer generates the following entries:

Event : 49.4C27

Description or Personality : F981 3694 PRINTER ERROR

Current firmware : 04.047.2

Having researched this problem online, the feedback is that eventhougn HP Support recommends upgrading the firmware to 04.049.3 it does not resolve the problem and from pass experience, firmware upgrades can cause additional problems and are very difficult to rollback successfully without great pain doing so. 

I have also tried disabling all protocols that are not being used. Suchas IPX/SPX, AppleTack and DLC/LLC.

Whats are your thoughts? 

Many thanks in advance.

Dr0gon...........

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello, 49 error code usually is a bad print job that printer can not process, or worst case a formatter board went bad.

To determine and test the issue you are having, unplug the printer from the network, and reboot.

If the machine comes to ready, run internal test prints. Now if the error does not comeback, connect it back to the network and see if the 49 error comes back. If it does, than go to the print que and look for the job that has error status, delete that job and reboot. Once the machine is in the ready state try printing a document.

Now what I would do is take note of the job that had the errror code, as I have seen this error most common when trying to print from websites. In which case I suggest to people to print from the "print" hyper link as it is a converted version of the website you are trying to print from.

Now if you have a 49 error code even with the machine not connected to the network, after rebooting, than the issue is the formatter board went bad.

Hope this helps....

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello, 49 error code usually is a bad print job that printer can not process, or worst case a formatter board went bad.

To determine and test the issue you are having, unplug the printer from the network, and reboot.

If the machine comes to ready, run internal test prints. Now if the error does not comeback, connect it back to the network and see if the 49 error comes back. If it does, than go to the print que and look for the job that has error status, delete that job and reboot. Once the machine is in the ready state try printing a document.

Now what I would do is take note of the job that had the errror code, as I have seen this error most common when trying to print from websites. In which case I suggest to people to print from the "print" hyper link as it is a converted version of the website you are trying to print from.

Now if you have a 49 error code even with the machine not connected to the network, after rebooting, than the issue is the formatter board went bad.

Hope this helps....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.