Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M254dw
iOS

I loaded A5 paper into the single sheet tray 1 on my m254dw color laser printer. I set tray 1 paper size to A5 in the printer’s control panel. When I tried to print from iPhone using HP Smart app, it however won’t let me choose the paper size. It has a lot of paper size options however A5 was not listed. If I choose paper size A4 to print, the printer operates as if A4 was loaded - half of the content was cut off and the printer went into cleaning mode as I assume the toner got onto the drum. 

I have ave two questions:

1. Does the HP Smart app not support A5?

2. Will it damage the drum when the printer tries to print on A4 paper but only A5 paper is loaded in the printer.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

203 is not toll free is it?

HP Recommended

@washbowl, Welcome to HP Support Community!

1. HP Smart has certain limitations and may not offer all the paper sizes to select from.

2. No, there is no damage caused. 

Try printing using the AirPrint feature on your iOS. Refer to the document HP Printers - Printing with Apple AirPrint (iOS) for help.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the clarification. I am a little disappointed that the HP app does not support this basic paper size. Otherwise I really like the app, it offers more options to AirPrint.

HP Recommended

@washbowl

I understand.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.  

Have a great day ahead!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.