Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have a Color laserjet CP2025 attached via USB to a machine running win 7 64 bit. I am using the stock win 7 drivers as I couldn't get the overly complex and invasive HP drivers (why cant they just produce a simple device driver?) to run to my satisfaction. My problem is that everytime I have run a print job it prints a page with a couple of lines of text two or three times at about two minute intervals. The text that is printed is this:-

GET  /DevMgmt / DiscoveryTree.xml HTTP / 1.1

Host :  127.0.0.1 : 8080

If anybody has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks

33 REPLIES 33
HP Recommended

Did you find a fix for your problem?  I am dealing with the same issue...

HP Recommended

having the same exact problem.

system specs: win 7 64 bit / core i7 processor / usb connection

installed updated firmware (20110212) and updated univ print driver (5.3.1 July 1).

additionally, when i go to the "device settings" tab in the "printer properties" it just closes.

Any help on this HP???

HP Recommended

Me too!! Different printer but same random message. UGH!

HP Recommended

I'm having the same problem on my HP P2055dn laserjet printer but only after I had to restore my laptop back to original factory settings. I've downloaded all the required drivers for the printer and it still prints out the same message. I barely have any hair left most of it is on the floor. Hope HP comes up with a fix before long.

HP Recommended

WIN 7 64 bit Ultimate / P2055d

Hi,

one of our Users had install the default driver for the P2055d and the HP univ. printer driver PCL6 (v.5.3). After deleting (deleting not de-install) the universal Driver (for whatever reason) he had the discribed Problem with the extra page.

We only could solve the problem by installing both driver (default and universal) again, so both are active.

Hope this is of help for you

HP Recommended

This worked for me.  I was getting the same message, and installed all of the print drivers and used PCL 6 as my default and it's stopped printing out the other page.  Thanks!!

HP Recommended

I could not get the duplexer to work properly when using the specific driver. The Universal Driver did work, but I get that

GET /DevMgmt / DiscoveryTree.xml  HTTP/1.1

Host:  127.0.0.1:8080

Is there any official response from HP at this point? I had bad luck with both drivers installed ; it could be me but that resulted in no color printing (although duplexing did work).

Thanks!

HP Recommended
Spoiler
i have the same problem with window 7 34 bit the driver on the disk does not match enveloppes c5 or similar are difficult to program, in powerpoint  or word filled forms

@Smitje1 wrote:

Hi,

I have a Color laserjet CP2025 attached via USB to a machine running win 7 64 bit. I am using the stock win 7 drivers as I couldn't get the overly complex and invasive HP drivers (why cant they just produce a simple device driver?) to run to my satisfaction. My problem is that everytime I have run a print job it prints a page with a couple of lines of text two or three times at about two minute intervals. The text that is printed is this:-

GET  /DevMgmt / DiscoveryTree.xml HTTP / 1.1

Host :  127.0.0.1 : 8080

If anybody has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Thanks

are printed in black (**bleep** driver ) Can hp allow such a printerdrive for the 2025n printer. its a shame!!!!!  !!!!

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with my HP P2015D To follow the advice from HP support printer driver was changed to driver from laserjet 1300 or 1320 (i forgot). Today is second day. And i still don't see extra page. So advise was helpful i hope. Try to do the same.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.