Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP color laserjet CP4525
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I Have a color laserjet CP4525 that print verry slowly after ITB replacement.

I compare specification letter format is 42 ppm in B/W

My Printer give a 15 ppm +/- 1 page, test done with de diagnostic paper feed test tray 2.

I did a cold reset and verify paper type and install the latess firmware 7.220.2 31 jul 2015.

after replacement of magenta cartridge and a second time the ITB(under warranty), the problem still the same.

All consommable are ok

I did a network print B/W with MSword , a single phrase on letter format, it print 15 ppm +/- 1  page,not more.

the print quality perfect, What may be the cause? DC-DC controler? formater?.

I need help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello,

Do you think that the printer speed has reduced?  Or, is there a large time gap between pages ejected?  Have you checked the paper type in the tray?  Please make sure that the paper type is configured to "Plain".

After closing the tray, the media sensor will detect the first 5-sheets fed and decide the media type.  Maybe your media sensor is dirty or malfunctioning?  Try cleaning the media sensor.

You can disable the media sensor detection, so if the above does not resolve you issue, please let me know.

Regards,

Dave

I work for HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello,

Do you think that the printer speed has reduced?  Or, is there a large time gap between pages ejected?  Have you checked the paper type in the tray?  Please make sure that the paper type is configured to "Plain".

After closing the tray, the media sensor will detect the first 5-sheets fed and decide the media type.  Maybe your media sensor is dirty or malfunctioning?  Try cleaning the media sensor.

You can disable the media sensor detection, so if the above does not resolve you issue, please let me know.

Regards,

Dave

I work for HP

HP Recommended

«Do you think that the printer speed has reduced?»

Yes it reduced to  2/3 of printer spec.

« Or, is there a large time gap between pages ejected?»

No i would say normal gap.

« Have you checked the paper type in the tray?»

yes Done.

I'd like to thank you SD-86!

After disabling media sensor auto détection, the speed came back to normal around 40ppm.

Do you think that a cold reset could change media sensor calibration value?

I will need media sensor replacement kit.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.