Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Laser 107a
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Hi,

I bought HP laser 107a model just now, tried for the first time today,

and I'm using a Macbook Pro with Yosemite OS and another Macbook Air with OS Catalina.

Both computers cannot seem to make the printer work.

In the printing queue, it initially said "Printing - Waiting for printer to become available."

But it goes on for a while, until the queue clears up and there's no job appearing.

Also in Printers & Scanners, the printer appears In use and then Idle.

It becomes idle in 10-15 min.

Here are some things that I tried and still it's not printing:

1. change the USB port.

2. upgrade the OS (Tried in Yosemite and Catalina)

3. Reset printing system in System Preference, tried several times.

4. Hard reset of the printer, suggested by one of the forums.

5. Verify Disk Permissions / Repair Disk Permissions in Disk Utility.

6. Calling hotline. No one answered.

7. Contacting Whatsapp assistant. They couldn't help because printers are not their area.

8. Tried HP Virtual Assistant. No help.

And of course, whenever I've run something from System Preference or Disk Utility, I restarted my computer.

Any idea guys?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @cacacactus

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you with the printing issue. 

@ShlomiL is right! HP Laser 107a does not support Mac. Please look for "System requirements" from this document to know more.

However, Gutenprint (formerly called Gimp-Print) provides open-source basic print drivers for many printers that would otherwise not be supported in Mac OS X. To see if your printer is supported, go to Gutenprint drivers for more information.

NOTE: Gutenprint drivers are not supported by HP or Apple.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Apologies for jumping in, but the reason you cannot use the printer is due to not being supported on Mac computers.

You may find the printer specifications listed below,  it is not Mac compatible:

Spoiler
Mac compatible
No

https://store.hp.com/th-en/default/hp-laser-107a-4zb77a.html#additional

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.