Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

I replaced the old router with new Netgear WiFi6 model RAX120. The printer never get WiFi connected the new router. I tried every thing including reset printer but still did not get connected. The interesting thing is that It would connect to the old Netgear extender RX7000 which is also connected to the main router RAX120 to extend the range. The printer is pretty much closer to the main router same floor level than the extender in different floor level. 

Hope you can help.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

You will need to reset the wireless connection information on the printer by performing a COLD or NVRAM reset.

Try the steps posted here and see try to connect to the new WiFi network again:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/hp-laserjet-pro-200-color-m251n-factory-reset/td-p/4...

1. Turn printer Off.

2. Press and hold Right cursor button [ > ] and Cancel button[ ].

3. Turn printer On and still hold both buttons.

4. When booting of printer completed, you can release buttons.

5. Should be in default factory settings.

If the steps do not work then you will either have to contact HP or wait for an HP rep to send you the steps in a private message from the forum.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

Hi John,

It does not work. Printer does not have hard buttons described on step 2. I did reset to factory thru soft reset feature provided in the displayed panel. But still it does not help. I don’t know what to to do next

HP Recommended

"If the steps do not work then you will either have to contact HP or wait for an HP rep to send you the steps in a private message from the forum."

Your printer needs to reset in order to communicate with the new network.  HP printers do not renegotiate network communication information automatically.  You will have to wait until you have the correct reset steps for your printer model.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

HP Recommended

Thank you John,

I will wait for an HP rep to send me the correct reset steps.

Thanks

HP Recommended

I would recommend contacting HP directly via the chat, email or phone options for your area:

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/contact.html

The few HP reps that respond to forum posts may not see your individual request.  You may never get an official response from them on the public forums.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.