Level 1
4 3 0 3
Message 1 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP laserJet CP1025nw fails in mojave

HP laserJet CP1025nw
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

OS is Mac 10.14 [ Mojave } - filter failure - cannot print at all. Have update drivers / firmware / deleted pref files / reset printer system etc. Nothing works. Worked fine in High Sierra.

23 REPLIES 23
Level 11
Level 11
2,983 2,978 343 442
Message 2 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

0 Kudos
sonam2
Level 1
4 3 0 3
Message 3 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Sorry - this is ueseless - its an install package from 2017.

I did this anyway before I posted to this discussion and as I noted it did nothing to solve the problem.

0 Kudos
Level 11
Level 11
2,983 2,978 343 442
Message 4 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I wouldn't say it is useless because on that link you will find a list of HP printers that are supported in mac 10.14 and there is no CP1025nw on that list and it seems that it isn't supported (for now).

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
sonam2
Level 1
4 3 0 3
Message 5 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for pointing this out. I had quite missed this information - buried as it was.

This simplifies things for me - I will never buy anything from HP again - period. Truth of the matter is this particular printer has been a piece of **bleep** from the get go anyway.

Thank you for your help.

JLDiaz
2 2 0 2
Message 6 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same problem. It is unfortunate that HP still did not upgrade the printer drivers to the latest OSX version, but in the meanwhile I was able to print by selecting "AirPrint" as driver, instead of the proposed default "HP LaserJet CP 1025nw" drivers.

AirPrint driver works perfectly, but lacks the "double sided" checkbox. I guess I can still manually print separately even and odd pages, and switch the paper inbetween.

0 Kudos
Jshague
1 1 0 0
Message 7 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

>"AirPrint driver works perfectly, but lacks the "double sided" checkbox. I guess I can still manually print separately even and odd pages, and switch the paper inbetween."

How do I enable AirPrint on my iMac?  A list of supported printer makes and models on apple.com does not include the HP CP1025nw, and the link on the same help page on Apple's website simply takes you to a generic "How to Print" page, which doesn't mentino Air Print by name.  

Air Print isn't an option in the dropdown menu when adding a printer.  How do I do this?

In the meantime, is there a way to revert back to pre-Mojave?

0 Kudos
pebe2
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same problem here, CP1025 and Mojave "filter" failure. As a work around (until hp hopefully updates drivers) I found that printing from Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader works –  but with no other applications except these! So I just save from Preview, MS Office or whatever as PDF, open with Acrobat and there you go. Hope that works in your case as well.

0 Kudos
JLDiaz
2 2 0 2
Message 9 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

AirPrint is available (at least for me) when the printer is not directly attached to the computer via USB, but through WiFi instead.

In OSX->System Settings->Printers, when I add a New Printer via "+" button, I see a dialog as the following (in which a list of WiFi printers is presented, autdetected by OSX using Bonjour protocol). Note that my OS is in Spanish, but I guess that the english version would be equivalent:

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-29 a las 9.16.06.png

Selecting the printer, a list of available drivers populates the last drop-down list. AirPrint is among the options:

Captura de pantalla 2018-10-29 a las 9.18.50.png

sonam2
Level 1
4 3 0 3
Message 10 of 24
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It is absolutely unconscionable that Hp is basically throwing the lot of us under a bus. It didn't used to be like this. We have a 15 year old Hp laser printer that is still working fine under whatever Mac OS we happen to have.

Here is my solution so far :

1. Responsibly dispose of / recycle the printer under discussion.

2. Buy a Canon ImageClass MFb63Cdw. I got one in Canada for less than $300 at BestBuy - they will match Amazon and deduct a further 10%.

3. Never buy an Hp product ever again.

4. While walking by any retail Hp retail display repeat sotto voce "**bleep** you Hp" any number of times.

Hope this helps !

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation