Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
laserjet pro M252DW
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Since weeks there is the problem that the printer gives false alarm of a paper jam. There is indeed a page that is underway, but nothing to see that should generate an error. I have already checked and cleaned the rollers, sensors, guides... even un- and reinstalled the drivers on the computer.

I have also performed a factory reset on the printer.

The printer is only about 2 years old.

Now I have tested printing with my ipad: no problems!!

Again printing with my windows PC gives  the same problem.  The computer has all the latest updates. Settings are OK, there worked always in the past. I have tried it with three different windows-PC (also with latest updates).

What should I try next?

Txs, Wannes

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

since  there was not a problem when printing from my ipad, I did the following:

- remove everyting from HP from my windows PC: programs, drivers, registry items...

- restart PC

- perform the latest updates of windows

- re-install the HP-printer drivers

For the moment I can print back without issues. Fingers crossed.

KR

Wannes

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@WannesT

Welcome to HP support community.

Did you update the printer firmware?

If not, follow the steps mentioned in this HP document for the steps to update firmware:- Click here

Perform a power reset

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

You can also refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Try updating the printer firmware to see if that helps. Check your paper type and size settings on your computer (printer driver and application you're trying to print from) to be sure they match what your printer is set to in it's settings.

HP Recommended

Hi,

since  there was not a problem when printing from my ipad, I did the following:

- remove everyting from HP from my windows PC: programs, drivers, registry items...

- restart PC

- perform the latest updates of windows

- re-install the HP-printer drivers

For the moment I can print back without issues. Fingers crossed.

KR

Wannes

HP Recommended

@WannesT

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in the future if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.