Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
laserjet pro MFP

My new printer copies in color, scans in color but prints in gray... Although the print settings are color ;( help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

LaserJet printers have an embedded web server.

You didn't actually tell me the model of the printer were talking about but most LaserJet printers have a network Port where you can plug in Ethernet cable.

Printers have an IP address that identifies them on the network.

You put that IP address in the URL bar of a browser and hit enter it will be four numbers with dots in between them.

That will point the browser at the printer's IP address and then you should see the embedded web server.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended
Hopefully you've already tried different drivers, if not then there are three flavors PostScript pcl5 and pcl6 pick one that you're not using download and try it.

The embedded web server also has restrict color settings, to check that put the IP address of the printer in the URL bar of a browser.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

HP Recommended

Ive tried the different drivers, it still doesnt work ;( but what do you mean by "The embedded web server also has restrict color settings, to check that put the IP address of the printer in the URL bar of a browser" ;(

HP Recommended

LaserJet printers have an embedded web server.

You didn't actually tell me the model of the printer were talking about but most LaserJet printers have a network Port where you can plug in Ethernet cable.

Printers have an IP address that identifies them on the network.

You put that IP address in the URL bar of a browser and hit enter it will be four numbers with dots in between them.

That will point the browser at the printer's IP address and then you should see the embedded web server.

HP Recommended

Thanks, my daughter helped me, now it works fine. A wrong connection between the printer and the wireless internet.

Anyway, thanks for your reaction!

Best greetings, Inge

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.