Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Windows Surface Book 2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I've gone through about 5 different printers trying to find the right one to use with Laser heat transfer paper. an Oki (don't recommend unless you splurge for the white toner printers, $3,500 +), a Cannon, an Epson Workforce, and 2 HP printers. I got the laserjet pro M454dw this time. After doing some research it looks like this printer is in the top 10 for laser transfer paper. BTW, I'm printing on shirts. My question is what do I put my printer settings on since letting photoshop manage the colors doesn't seem to work. What paper type, effects, finishing, ect. to get the best quality. I use Forever Laser dark heat transfer paper currently. Any tips and tricks I'd appreciate also. Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Does the maker of the paper not provide an guidance? Does the output on standard paper look the same as the transfer paper? Depending on the driver you are using there are settings you can change for color control as to whether it is controlled by the application or the printer. If you are hoping for color matching output you need to invest in a color calibration system that will create a custom printer driver that ensures that your monitor and your printer produce similar output. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

No, Forever doesn't really tell much about printer settings unless you have one of the $10,000 Oki printers. I just got a lower end Oki printer yesterday and it's already back in the box. (by lower end I mean it's still the most expensive electronic I've ever bought!) So they aren't much help. When I have it controlled by Photoshop, whatever I'm printing, the color is way off. I don't mind having the printer control color. I just didn't know if one of the paper settings is better than the other. Like letter, transparent, envelope, ect. Those options. I want to make sure the printer is set to the best settings  to print the best and deepest color in the transfer paper to ensure the ink transfers completely when applying the B paper adhesive to ink and also the actual image to the shirt after that. Just really looking for any suggestions. Thanks for yours! I will look into the color calibration.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.