Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
P1102W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am running windows 10 pro 64 bit. i have a P1102W. Printer goes to sleep. How do i turn off sleep mode. I have tried printer properties, virtual assistant, surfed the web you name it. Please HELP!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@WillyBII, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Sleep mode automatically puts the printer into a lower-power state after a set period of time of non-use. The printer returns to its normal power state when you send another print or scan job.

In some printers, this cannot be changed.

Let us try these steps:

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer – print a network configuration page.
  2. Press and hold the Cancel button  until the Ready light  blinks.
  3. Release the Cancel button .
  4. Type the IP address at the top of your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  5. If you get any security notification, click on show details/advanced and 'proceed to this website'.
  6. Go to settings > Auto-off > disable.

For more info on sleep mode on HP printers, refer to this document.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey Kumar my printer does not have an IP address. It is plugged into a USB port on my pc. Can i make the changes you suggest w the USB port connection and not via an IP address. 

HP Recommended

@WillyBII

If the printer is connected using a USB cable, the above provided steps to access the EWS page will not work. To know different methods to access the EWS page of the printer, refer to this document.

You may check for Auto-off settings in 'Devices and printer' window

1. Right-click the icon for your product, and then click Printer properties.

2. Click the Device Settings tab.

3. Locate the Auto-Off Console section of the screen.

4. Click the Down Arrow next to the Auto-Off after: drop-down menu, and then select the desired Auto-Off delay time.

Do not uncheck Automatically turn off device after inactivity, unless you want to disable Auto-Off mode.

5. Click the OK button.

Go to your printer dialog box. Right click on the printer and click printer properties. In device settings, select what you like for sleep times and turn auto off to never.

If you already have auto off to never.. select something else, like 1 hour hit apply then reselect never and hit apply.

For more info, refer to this document.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.